Minty Cucumber Salad
This refreshing sensation of crunchy cucumbers offers a mild hint of orange and mint flavors that are perfect for spring. Katherine Hee of Colchester, Vermont shared it.
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place cucumbers in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the
- vinegar and oil. Add the mint, parsley, sugar and orange peel; pour
- over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, stirring
- several times. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.