This refreshing sensation of crunchy cucumbers offers a mild hint of orange and mint flavors that are perfect for spring. Katherine Hee of Colchester, Vermont shared it.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place cucumbers in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil. Add the mint, parsley, sugar and orange peel; pour over cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, stirring several times. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Minty Cucumber Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p52
Reviews for Minty Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2014
"This is a very refreshing and tasty way to serve cucumbers! I substituted a combination of orange balsamic (1 Tbl.) and apple cider vinegar (3 Tbl.) for the red wine vinegar. It made the dressing a little dark, but was absolutely delicious!"