- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in extract until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs and walnuts (mixture will be very moist).
- Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Gradually add flour just until combined.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Minty Cream Cheese Bars
"NO, I will never ever make this again. Mine came out looking exactly like the recipe picture. They look delicious but taste horrible. The cream cheese part has absolutely NO flavor, and the walnuts just make the texture unbearable. I know there is usually one bad review in the middle of a lot of good ones, but this was a waste of time and money."
"Absolutely refrigerate it! The cream cheese will spoil."