You're going to love the way chocolate and mint come together in these easy, creamy bars. They're sure to be family favorites! —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in extract until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs and walnuts (mixture will be very moist).
- Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee. Gradually add flour just until combined.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Minty Cream Cheese Bars in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Minty Cream Cheese Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review