Junior Mints give the refreshing mint taste to this scrumptious smooth-as-silk mousse. It's one of my best desserts because it's a snap to prepare, yet the flavor is beyond compare. -Melissa Tarbox, Allen, Texas
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cocoa and milk until smooth. Add mints and butter; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup whipped topping and vanilla. Fold in the remaining whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with mint and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minty Cocoa Mousse in Quick Cooking December 2000, p29
Reviews for Minty Cocoa Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review