- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cocoa and milk until smooth. Add mints and butter; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup whipped topping and vanilla. Fold in the remaining whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with mint and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Minty Cocoa Mousse
Sort By :
Good easy meal. I used cool whip for the whipped topping, and junior mints for the candies. I didn't deviate from the recipe and it turned out great, very tasty. It doesn't last long once it's made, as it gets eaten too fast. As a note: 2 of the larger boxes of junior mints get you the cup you need.