Minty Cocoa Mix Recipe
Instead of stirring hot chocolate with a candy cane, our home economists add crushed candies right to the mix. It's a mouthwatering, minty delight!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- 1. Place the milk powder, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt in a food processor; cover and process until a fine powder is formed. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in chocolate chips and candies. Store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months.
- 2. To prepare hot cocoa: Place 3 tablespoons cocoa mix in a mug; pour milk over mix and stir until blended. Yield: 16 servings (3 cups cocoa mix).
1 cup hot cocoa equals 289 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC