Minty Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, extracts and 2 eggs until blended. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup baking chips.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over chocolate layer, spreading evenly; sprinkle with remaining baking chips.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 260 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Minty Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
"These sound good and I plan to try. Although I love almond flavoring, I am wondering if they meant to have mint extract added instead of almond since mint is in the title of the bar."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.