Minty Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, extracts and 2 eggs until blended. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup baking chips.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add remaining eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over chocolate layer, spreading evenly; sprinkle with remaining baking chips.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 260 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Minty Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.