Minty Chocolate Crackles Recipe
Each December, I whip up big batches of these chewy mint morsels, then watch them disappear in a flash! Everyone I know enjoys them.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips; cool slightly. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg, corn syrup, extract and melted chocolate. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in candy. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are firm and surface cracks (center will be soft). Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Minty Chocolate Crackles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC