Minty Beet Carrot Salad Recipe
The bold colors of this unique salad draw you in to give it a try. The unusual combination of ingredients made me a bit nervous before trying it for the first time, but I was very pleased with the delicious results! --Joylyn Trickel
- 12 fresh beets (2 inches each), trimmed
- 6 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place beets on foil; sprinkle lightly with water. Wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender; cool. Peel and cut beets into thin slices.
- 2. Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. On salad plates, arrange the beet and carrot slices, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle with cheese and shallot. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mint, oil, sugar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 266 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Minty Beet Carrot Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC