Minty Baked Alaska Recipe
I'VE MADE this dessert on a few special occasions for my husband and me. He just loves it. It's so easy, but it looks and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. Crushed peppermint candy adds a special taste and decorative touch. It never fails to impress. -Brenda Mast, Clearwater, Florida
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candy
- 2/3 cup mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until egg mixture reaches 160°, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and salt; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in peppermint candy.
- 2. Place sponge cakes on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet and top each with 1/3 cup ice cream. Immediately spread meringue over ice cream and cake, sealing it to foil on sheet. Broil 8 in. from heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 baked alaska: 326 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Minty Baked Alaska
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC