Minted Sugar Snap Pea Salad Recipe
Spring fever will hit instantly when you sample this lovely salad. A chopped shallot, mustard and honey complement the minty peas, and goat cheese ties the salad together.—Darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add peas; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cut in half crosswise; place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 197 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC