Minted Potato Salad
Here parsley adds a pretty green color while still allowing the subtle mint flavor to come through.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Peel and
- cube; place in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a
- small bowl. Add to potatoes and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hours
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.