Minted Melon Salad Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon aniseed
- Pinch salt
- 5 cups cubed watermelon (about 1/2 melon)
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 medium melon)
- 3 cups cubed honeydew (about 1 medium melon)
- 2 cups peach slices (about 2 peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, bring the first six ingredients to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes; remove from the heat. Cover and cool syrup completely.
- Combine the fruit in a very large bowl; add syrup and stir to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain before serving. Spoon into watermelon bowl or 8-qt. serving bowl. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Minted Melon Salad
Sort By :
"Peaches weren't in-season when I made this so instead of water+sugar I just used the (extra-lite) syrup from 2 cans of peaches and it worked great. Also fresh raspberries and blackberries were on sale and blueberries weren't so I went with a mix of all three - nice colors.As for the potluck supper I took this to, there was so much food that every dish had at least a little bit of leftovers... every dish except this one. This was cleaned up quick and received universal praise. Definitely a crowd pleaser that I'll make again."
"Very fresh and light; perfect for a summer afternoon!"
"This makes a wonderful fruit salad. Have made it several times for special occassions."