Minted Meatballs Recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried mint flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Dip bread in water; squeeze out excess moisture. Crumble bread into a large bowl. Add the egg, onion, parsley, garlic, mint, salt and pepper; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in flour. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 40 meatballs.
Reviews for Minted Meatballs(2)
Sort By :
I used fresh mint, too, and I agree that the taste is so unique but has just enough delicateness to it that you don't want to drown it in a sauce. Pasta or rice alongside it with it's own flavoring or sauce and a vegetable is the perfect way to serve them.
I loved this recipe! It was easy to prepare and cooks quickly. I made spaghetti with it, but I put the meatballs on the side so as not to override the mint taste with the sauce. Delicious!!
Also, I used fresh mint leaves, which probably increased the flavor = )