- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, salt and thyme; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb and vegetables with mint leaves.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minted Lamb 'n' Veggie Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Minted Lamb 'n' Veggie Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review