Filled with the season’s best and freshest fruit, this salad shouts, “summer.” The hint of mint adds a refreshing note to the colorful compote.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, honey, ginger and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries and mint. Drizzle with cooled apple juice mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Minted Fruit Salad in Country Woman 2012, pJune/July
Reviews for Minted Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review