Minted Fruit Salad
Filled with the season’s best and freshest fruit, this salad shouts, “summer.” The hint of mint adds a refreshing note to the colorful compote.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, honey, ginger and lemon
- juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Remove from the
- heat. Cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries
- and mint. Drizzle with cooled apple juice mixture; gently toss to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 113 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.