Minted Cucumber Salad Recipe
Fresh herbs and a light vinaigrette season the garden-fresh cucumbers and tomatoes in this easy salad. I'm a busy pastor's wife and mother and am always looking for new recipes that can be prepared quickly but don't sacrifice taste or nutrition. —Debbie Purdue, Westland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add to cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC