You'll have a taste of summer with this refreshing sorbet from our Test Kitchen. Watermelon, mint and lime juice are the predominant flavors that give it just the right amount of zip. It would be perfect on a hot afternoon.
Recommended: 18 Extra-Refreshing Watermelon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved; set aside. In a blender, process watermelon in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sugar syrup, orange juice, mint, honey and lime juice.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process in batches until smooth. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Mint Watermelon Sorbet in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p59
Reviews forMint Watermelon Sorbet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
"I did not follow this recipe to a tee...and still loved it!I omitted the 1/2 cup of water for another 1/2 cup of watermelon puree.I did not have orange juice so I increased the lime to 2 TBLS.I added 1 teas of lime zest.I did not add the honey since it was sweet enough as it was.I did add a few (maybe 3) drops of anise oil/extract.Instead of placing in a dish in the freezer, I used a yogurt/ice cream/sorbet maker.The lime adds a nice contrast to the sweet watermelon taste. The mint leaves a cool and refreshing after taste!The anise- a nice touch without overpowing it. (I added the anise because other people have said that adding it or a liqueuer would make the sorbet smoother.- It did make it smoother, I thought. At first, I was concerned that the puree was not smooth enough but after it froze- It was smooth.)Very yummy! My teens loved it too and with only 1/2 cup of sugar- it must be healthy- right?! LOL."