You'll have a taste of summer with this refreshing sorbet from our Test Kitchen. Watermelon, mint and lime juice are the predominant flavors that give it just the right amount of zip. It would be perfect on a hot afternoon.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved; set aside. In a blender, process watermelon in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sugar syrup, orange juice, mint, honey and lime juice.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process in batches until smooth. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Mint Watermelon Sorbet in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p59
Reviews for Mint Watermelon Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review