- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed red and green mint candies
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Add cream of tartar and extract to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small star tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 1-1/2-in. diameter cookies 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with candies.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven 1 hour. Remove from pans to a wire rack. Dust with baking cocoa. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Twist Meringues in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p61
Reviews for Mint Twist Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >