Mint-Topped Chocolate Cookies
This recipe from my neighbor combines two of my favorite flavors. A cake mix makes them quick to fix.
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Confectioners' sugar
- 40 chocolate-covered thin mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, shortening, eggs and water.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 8-10 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch. Place a mint on
- each cookie; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 40 cookies.
Editor's Note: These cookies were tested with Necco Thin Mints. They can be found at Walgreens stores.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.