- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Confectioners' sugar
- 40 chocolate-covered thin mints
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, shortening, eggs and water. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch. Place a mint on each cookie; remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 40 cookies.
Reviews for Mint-Topped Chocolate Cookies(4)
Sort By :
i made them last Christmas - very big hit.
i plan on trying this year using peppermint patty and some with Hershey peppermint kiss. Marie
These cookies obviously remain soft and moist, easy to make and enjoyed by everyone. You can serve them chilled, warmed and even frozen depending on the topper you use.
What a quick and easy recipe. Delicious also. Great mint flavor with a chewy cookie, what a great combo.
My mom used to make these all the time. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >