Mint Sundae Brownie Squares Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spread over brownie layer. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 579 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Mint Sundae Brownie Squares
"Good but way to sweet."
"I thought it was a great recipe, the only adjustments I made, after the brownie cooled I took a jar of hot fudge topping and layered over the brownie (love chocolate), instead of using whipping cream I substitute cool whip, this will definitely be made again in my household...."
"Instead of a box brownie, I used the brownies from the Very chocolate Brownies on this site. I think that really made the difference in this dessert. Box brownies just don't cut it for flavor. The mint topping was divine. I could eat just that for a dessert as well. I took this to work, and it was a success!"
"I brought a pan of these to two parties this weekend and got compliments from EVERYBODY. I personally thought it was just okay and would not make it again. However, it is a VERY easy recipe to make."