Mint Sundae Brownie Squares Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spread over brownie layer. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece with 1 tablespoon fudge topping and 1 teaspoon peanuts equals 579 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.