- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Spread over brownie layer. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Mint Sundae Brownie Squares
"Good but way to sweet."
"I thought it was a great recipe, the only adjustments I made, after the brownie cooled I took a jar of hot fudge topping and layered over the brownie (love chocolate), instead of using whipping cream I substitute cool whip, this will definitely be made again in my household...."
"Instead of a box brownie, I used the brownies from the Very Chocolate Brownies on this site. I think that really made the difference in this dessert. Box brownies just don't cut it for flavor. The mint topping was divine. I could eat just that for a dessert as well. I took this to work, and it was a success!"
"I brought a pan of these to two parties this weekend and got compliments from EVERYBODY. I personally thought it was just okay and would not make it again. However, it is a VERY easy recipe to make."