Mint Sandwich Sugar Cookies Recipe
Chocolate-covered mint candies are the "filling" in these doctored-up sugar cookies from our Test Kitchen. You can use colored sugar to suit the season.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Coarse sugar
- 40 chocolate-covered thin mints
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until blended. Roll into 1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in coarse sugar. Flatten balls with prepared glass to 1/4-in. thickness, dipping in additional sugar as needed.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Carefully remove one cookie from baking sheet. Immediately turn cookie over and place a mint on the bottom of the cookie; top with another cookie, pressing lightly. Repeat with remaining cookies and mints. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 40 cookies.
1 cookie (calculated without coarse sugar) equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mint Sandwich Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC