Mint Sandwich Sugar Cookies
Chocolate-covered mint candies are the "filling" in these doctored-up sugar cookies from our Test Kitchen. You can use colored sugar to suit the season.
40 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Coarse sugar
- 40 chocolate-covered thin mints
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until
- blended. Roll into 1/2-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a
- glass with cooking spray, then dip in coarse sugar. Flatten balls
- with prepared glass to 1/4-in. thickness, dipping in additional
- sugar as needed.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Carefully remove one
- cookie from baking sheet. Immediately turn cookie over and place a
- mint on the bottom of the cookie; top with another cookie, pressing
- lightly. Repeat with remaining cookies and mints. Cool on wire
- racks. Yield: 40 cookies.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Necco chocolate-covered thin mints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie (calculated without coarse sugar) equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.