Chocolate-covered mint candies are the "filling" in these doctored-up sugar cookies from our Test Kitchen. You can use colored sugar to suit the season.
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Coarse sugar
- 40 chocolate-covered thin mints
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until blended. Roll into 1/2-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in coarse sugar. Flatten balls with prepared glass to 1/4-in. thickness, dipping in additional sugar as needed.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Carefully remove one cookie from baking sheet. Immediately turn cookie over and place a mint on the bottom of the cookie; top with another cookie, pressing lightly. Repeat with remaining cookies and mints. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Mint Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p75
Reviews forMint Sandwich Sugar Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2015
"Loved these. Took the entire batch to a meeting with 14 apparently ravenous people because they ate them all!. They were like little pigs. Couldn't leave them alone LOL."