Mint Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- 72 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the frosting, extract and food coloring if desired. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 155 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mint Sandwich Cookies
"My dinner guests and husband LOVED this recipe! It was delicious. We did gluten-free crackers for half the recipe and she really enjoyed it. Highly recommend this recipe!"
"These were a big hit last year!"