Canned frosting, peppermint extract and chocolate candy coating quickly turn crackers into these wonderful little no-bake cookies. My children and I like to assemble them for parties and holidays. I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do. -Melissa Thompson, Anderson, Ohio
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- 72 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting, extract and food coloring if desired. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Sandwich Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Mint Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2014
"My dinner guests and husband LOVED this recipe! It was delicious. We did gluten-free crackers for half the recipe and she really enjoyed it. Highly recommend this recipe!"
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2012
"These were a big hit last year!"