Mint-Pesto Lamb Chops Recipe
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 double-cut lamb rib chops (2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 2. Meanwhile, for pesto, place the mint, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Coat chops with pesto. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown lamb in oil on all sides.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 450° oven for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drizzle with pomegranate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
2 lamb chops with 1 tablespoon sauce: 238 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Mint-Pesto Lamb Chops
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.