Mint-Pesto Lamb Chops Recipe
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 double-cut lamb rib chops (2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Meanwhile, for pesto, place the mint, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Coat chops with pesto. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown lamb in oil on all sides.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° oven for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Drizzle with pomegranate sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now