Mint Patty Cake Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 9 miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties, finely chopped
- Additional miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place white chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- 4. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Set aside 2-1/2 cups for frosting cake. Stir patties into remaining frosting.
- 5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the peppermint patty filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with reserved frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with additional patties. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice (calculated without additional peppermint patties) equals 534 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Mint Patty Cake
"It taste OK but not enough batter to fill 3 pans and the frosting is too hard"
"Some of the best cakes are ones that are made, and added onto, from boxed mixes. From scratch recipes are wonderful, too! I've tried several recipes from this web site, and I've had great success whether I've spent 45 minutes or 2 hours making it!This is Taste of Home, which is a source for cooks from all levels of experience to try recipes that will nourish their families and inspire them to cook and bake more!"
"Excellent taste. Great for quickly needed dessert."
"This recipe is excellent as is."
"The cake was great and my company enjoyed It so much they would like to have it again. Very simple to make. Thanks."