Mint Papaya Sorbet Recipe
While looking looking for new ways to use my favorite herb—fresh mint—I decided to create a frosty treat that was healthy, too. A dish of this pretty sorbet is the perfect ending to a summer meal. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and mint leaves to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool. Strain; discard mint leaves.
- 2. Place the papaya in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime juice. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in chopped mint.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 107 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mint Papaya Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC