Mint Papaya Sorbet
While looking looking for new ways to use my favorite herb—fresh mint—I decided to create a frosty treat that was healthy, too. A dish of this pretty sorbet is the perfect ending to a summer meal. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and mint leaves to a
- boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Strain; discard mint leaves.
- Place the papaya in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime juice.
- Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in chopped
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze
- for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 107 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.