VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and mint leaves to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool. Strain; discard mint leaves.
- Place the papaya in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime juice. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in chopped mint.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Mint Papaya Sorbet in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p231