- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red or green food coloring
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint and/or spearmint candies, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Brush evenly on the inside of 18 foil miniature muffin cup liners. Refrigerate until set. Add a second coat of chocolate; chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and milk until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the extracts, food coloring and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Carefully peel liners from the chocolate cups and discard. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallow mixture and 2 tablespoons crushed candies. Spoon into chocolate cups. Sprinkle with remaining candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p73
Reviews for Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2013
"Diabetic friendly?!!! It contains chocolate, and not the low sugar variety, and MARSHMALLOWS which are so high in sugar, I use them to treat hypoglycaemia."
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2012
"The chocolate gets soft pretty quick when out of the refrigerator."