- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red or green food coloring
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint and/or spearmint candies, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Brush evenly on the inside of 18 foil miniature muffin cup liners. Refrigerate until set. Add a second coat of chocolate; chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and milk until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the extracts, food coloring and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Carefully peel liners from the chocolate cups and discard. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallow mixture and 2 tablespoons crushed candies. Spoon into chocolate cups. Sprinkle with remaining candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups
Sort By :
"Diabetic friendly?!!! It contains chocolate, and not the low sugar variety, and MARSHMALLOWS which are so high in sugar, I use them to treat hypoglycaemia."
"The chocolate gets soft pretty quick when out of the refrigerator."
"These are amazing and so easy! They're very refreshing after a big dinner when you don't want a heavy dessert. You HAVE TO use the foil cups though... trust me on this one! ;)"