Mint Lamb Stew Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lamb stew meat, cubed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the meat, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown meat and shallots in oil in batches.
- 2. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes. Add to slow cooker.
- 3. Stir in the broth, potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, parsnips and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in jelly; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 442 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1016mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Mint Lamb Stew
"Even though I just discovered your recipe and haven't tried it yet, I'm giving you a 5-Star Rating! This recipe is something that I've been hoping to find ever since I lived in England and had this stew in 1988 & 1989. I am very excited to try it. Thanks for posting it. Have a great Thanksgiving!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.