Mint Ice Cream Torte
Wouldn't it be great to have an impressive dessert on hand for unexpected company over the Christmas season? Try our Test Kitchen's recipe for a from-the-freezer favorite!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 mint Andes candies, melted
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, divided
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half of the
- mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spread melted candies
- over crust. Top with half of the ice cream.
- Place 1/4 cup hot fudge topping in a small bowl; cover and
- refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, combine remaining
- topping and crumb mixture; spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze
- for 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- overnight until firm. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before
- serving. Warm reserved fudge topping and use to garnish torte.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 462 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white