Mint Dressing For Fruit
This mild minty dressing nicely complements fresh fruits such as melon, strawberries, blueberries and peaches. Field editor Diane Thompson shared the refreshing recipe from her home in Nutrioso, Arizona.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mint, cilantro, oil,
- vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and cumin. Serve with fruit. Yield:
- about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup dressing (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 107 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat.