Mint Cucumber Sandwiches
These dainty and delicious sandwiches go perfectly with a tall glass of iced tea. To make them a bit heartier, sneak in a thin slice of mozzarella cheese. —Namrata Telugu, Terre Haute, IN
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 16 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mint jelly
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Spread eight slices of bread with jelly; top with cucumber and
- tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Butter remaining bread;
- place on top. Cut each sandwich into two triangles.
- Yield: 16 tea sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tea sandwich equals 132 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.