Mint-Cream Fruit Topping
For a different spin on a typical fruit salad, try this creamy mint sauce from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It’s delicious dolloped on orange slices and other fresh fruit. TIP: “In summer, it’s very refreshing served over melon, strawberries and red and green grapes,” Diane notes.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium star fruit, sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar, mint
- and cardamom. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving,
- arrange star fruit, oranges and kiwi on salad plates or a serving
- platter; sprinkle with cranberries and dollop with cream topping.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 136 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.