Mint-Cream Fruit Topping Recipe
For a different spin on a typical fruit salad, try this creamy mint sauce from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It’s delicious dolloped on orange slices and other fresh fruit. TIP: “In summer, it’s very refreshing served over melon, strawberries and red and green grapes,” Diane notes.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium star fruit, sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar, mint and cardamom. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, arrange star fruit, oranges and kiwi on salad plates or a serving platter; sprinkle with cranberries and dollop with cream topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mint-Cream Fruit Topping in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p27
Reviews for Mint-Cream Fruit Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2012
This is excellent. I served it for a family dinner and it was the first thing to go.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Salad Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >