Mint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-in. long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 115 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mint Cookies
"These were very good. I had a hard time cutting in 1/8 inch slices. The peppermint candy kept tearing the cookies. Next time I think I will chill and then drop by teaspoonfulls and then flatten. I think I will also sprinke with extra peppermint candy."