Mint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies. Shape into a 15-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Mint Cookies(1)
Sort By :
These were very good. I had a hard time cutting in 1/8 inch slices. The peppermint candy kept tearing the cookies. Next time I think I will chill and then drop by teaspoonfulls and then flatten. I think I will also sprinke with extra peppermint candy.