These yummy mint chocolate bites created by our Test Kitchen are so delightful, you’ll find it difficult to stop at one. With a combination of sweetness and crunch from the chocolate cookies, they make pretty holiday gifts with candy canes or other candies on top.
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 mint creme Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and 4 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Pour evenly into miniature muffin cup liners. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- In a microwave, melt mint candies and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Pour over cookie crumbs. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Cookie Candies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p37
Reviews for Mint Cookie Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review