Mint Cookie Candies
These yummy mint chocolate bites created by our Test Kitchen are so delightful, you’ll find it difficult to stop at one. With a combination of sweetness and crunch from the chocolate cookies, they make pretty holiday gifts with candy canes or other candies on top.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 mint creme Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and 4 teaspoons
- shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Pour evenly
- into miniature muffin cup liners. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- In a microwave, melt mint candies and remaining shortening; stir
- until smooth. Pour over cookie crumbs. Let stand until set. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.