Mint Cookie Candies Recipe
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 mint creme Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and 4 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Pour evenly into miniature muffin cup liners. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- In a microwave, melt mint candies and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Pour over cookie crumbs. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Mint Cookie Candies
Sort By :
"These are super yummy...but I had to improvise. You can't get Andes candies in Canada, so I used peppermint oil in regular (well, it was still good quality) chocolate. Except that I found them in the Christmas candy aisle for the first time. But now you can't get green cream in the cream filled cookies; but you can them in pink cream from a different brand. It's all good..."
"these are great! I use Andes baking bits instead of the full mints."
"These were very easy to make. I used wilton cand melts, melted with shortening in the microwave. Then I added the green coloring. It worked great. No problems. \i would make these again."
"Don't know what happened, but the white chocolate got lumpy and the butter separated. What a mess, and it did it twice with the same results"
"This is such a great cookie idea! I use Andes mint baking chips for the chocolate part and top it with a green baking chip in the middle."