Mint Chocolate Snaps Recipe
It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't make this cookie. Several years ago, I submitted the recipe to our local newspaper and it won first prize of $35. Since then, my family refers to it as the "&35 Cookie"!
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, cream shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Add egg, corn syrup and extracts; mix well.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into batter. Fold in candy. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 3-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Snaps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC