Mint Chocolate Snaps Recipe
It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't make this cookie. Several years ago, I submitted the recipe to our local newspaper and it won first prize of $35. Since then, my family refers to it as the "&35 Cookie"!
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Additional sugar
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, cream shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Add egg, corn syrup and extracts; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into batter. Fold in candy. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 3-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Chocolate Snaps in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p25
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Snaps(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >