Mint Chocolate Sauce
Thick and decadent, this homemade topping reminds everyone of after-dinner mints. Pour the luscious sauce over ice cream or slices of plain cake for an irresistible dessert.
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creme de menthe
- Ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, water and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 3
- minutes. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips and creme de
- menthe; whisk until smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream or transfer to storage containers and
- To serve: Scoop out desired quantity and reheat in microwave until
- warmed. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.