Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
These minty sandwich cookies were a tradition in my husband's family. When we married, I found the recipe and have continued to carried to make these for the holidays.—Janet White, New Glarus, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt mint chips and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Add to creamed mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until spreading consistency. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 46 cookies.
1 each: 117 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC