Mint Chocolate Pie Recipe
"Your guests will be requesting the recipe after one bite of this fluffy and refreshing pie," promises Laurie Bourgeois of New Bedford, Massachusetts. "It doesn't take much time to prepare, yet it tastes as though you spent hours in the kitchen."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 5 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Add pudding mixes beat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in cream mixture and chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 523 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC